November 1, 2012

Becoming a Student Again

I feel like I have been so busy. Like I've done everything and nothing all at the same time. I really am starting to get into a groove over here. School - work - homework. It's been a strange thing going back to school. My mind has been groomed for the past 16 years on how to be a student. I've slipped back into this role as if I had never left. And I really am enjoying learning this language, even though I'm still embarrassed to try it outside of the classroom!

Strangely enough, I feel like a student at work as well. I have been reading a lot. I am not only learning about what the Reformed Church in Hungary (RCH) is doing at this time but also trying to discover more about the belief foundation that shaped the Reformed Church of today. And I want to challenge all of you to learn more about it too! Become a student again. The RCH has recently launched its English website (www.reformatus.hu/english/), and we have put up several new articles from leaders of the Reformed Church in Hungary. Please, take some time to learn about the folks I will be sharing my time with for the next year! You might be surprised at what you find.

Ministry is something to be shared, not hidden away. The difficulties churches face in the U.S. are the same struggles in Hungary. The joys of community, love and understanding must be global goals. After all, who are we really without our brothers and sisters in Christ? The journey to relationship starts with connection.


Ephesians 2: 19-22
So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are citizens with the saints and also members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the cornerstone. In him the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord; in whom you also are built together spiritually into a dwelling place for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment