December 11, 2013

A Day in Love

I carry a love greater than myself
Every morning blessed with weary eyes blinking away slumber
   discovering more where previously imagined full

My love holds me close
A fortress of words, articulated and unuttered,
   impenetrable by man
Broken only from within

My love has a face.
It comforts me daily behind the eyes of strangers
   seeing me as I really am.

But who am I today?
Who will I be tomorrow?

My love daily walks with me
   assuring, supporting, causing indescribable pain

Soul-wrenching sadism it seems
A love that pulls me one way dutifully
   another expectantly...guiltily

The security of a shell no longer comforts the pearl
   its match a world away.

My love is a silhouette
   contoured toward the shadow of one it can no longer reach
   ...grasping still

Yet in the moments before sleep
   as my love calls for its other half
   there is an echo of what was

A life not lived in parallel
A time where my heart did not struggle to beat
   with severed, disjointed caverns
   but with fullness,  however naive

And in this moment there is peace

Soft moonlight illuminates my love
   stripped of consciousness
Remembered wholeness comes as easily as breath
The slowing of time where nothing is ever lost

Love simply is and I am complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment